COMPANY BEHAVIOR AND MANAGEMENT
Precisely what is an Organization?
A company is a assortment of people who work together to achieve individual and organizational goals.
What is Organizational Habit?
Organizational habit (OB) may be the study of things that influence how people and groups act in organizations and how organizations manage their environments
What is Supervision?
Management is a process of preparing, organizing, leading, and controlling an company human, economical, material, and other resources to increase its success.
2. Manager: Any person who supervises one or more subordinates. * Role: A set of actions or responsibilities a person is supposed to perform due to position he or she holds within a group or perhaps organization. * Managerial jobs identified by Mintzberg (see Table 1 . 1):
5. Conceptual Abilities: The ability to examine and identify a situation and distinguish between trigger and effect. * Human being Skills: To be able to understand, work with, lead, and control the behaviour of other people and teams. * Specialized Skills: Job-specific knowledge and techniques.
Challenges for Company Behavior
* Applying new information technology to enhance creative imagination and company learning. 2. Managing human resources to increase competitive advantage. * Developing company ethics and well-being.
* Managing a different work force.
2. Managing the global environment.
Applying New Technology to
Enhance Creativity and Organizational Learning
* Information technology: The pc systems and software that organizations use to speed the flow details around a company and to better link persons and subunits within it. * Creativeness: The decision-making process that produces novel and useful ideas that may lead to new or improved services and goods or to advancements in the way they are produced.
New Ways to Increase Functionality
* Reengineering: A total rethinking and redesign of business procedures to increase productivity, quality, development, or responsiveness to buyers. * Restructuring: Altering a great organization's framework (e. g., by eliminating a department) to streamline the organization's operations and reduce costs. * Freelancing: Acquiring goods or services from sources outside the organization. * Self employed: Independent people who contract with an organization to do specific providers.
Developing Company Ethics and Well-Being
* Ethics: Rules, values, and values that summarize the ways by which managers and workers should behave when confronted with a predicament in which their particular actions can help or harm other people within or exterior an organization. 5. Well-being: The condition of being completely happy, healthy, and prosperous. 5. Social responsibility: An company moral responsibility toward individuals or teams outside the business that are affected by its activities.
The core 21st century qualities needed to generate the ideal function atmosphere start out with intelligence, love, a strong work ethic, and a genuine concern for individuals.
Managing and Working Today and in the near future:
5. Managers need to become agile and flexible to assist their firms develop and sustain competitive advantage 5. To be successful, managers will need to control the powers of: 5. information technology
5. human capital
Challenges of the Forces to Managers
* Resisting the truth of these forces will likely lead to: * Unneeded conflict
* Reduced bureaucratic performance
* Reduced nonmanagerial performance
2. Lost possibilities
* Faltering to cope and deal with these forces will more than likely result in: 5. Job...